The Greater Gardner Chamber of Commerce has evolved over the years from its beginnings as a business organization in 1898, with its main focus on Downtown Gardner and the furniture industry. It then officially became the Gardner Chamber of Commerce in 1923 with a strong emphasis on Gardner as “the place to shop”. It was in 1957 that it expanded to become the Greater Gardner Chamber of Commerce, offering active participation in the Chamber to the businesses outside of Gardner. The communities of Ashburnham, Hubbardston, Templeton, Westminster, and Winchendon were added to the charter. Thirty years later, the town of Barre was included, bringing the service towns to a total of seven, where it remains today.
We believe we are on the brink of a new frontier with the Chamber as well as with area businesses. Evidenced by our steady membership and the strong support the Chamber receives for its programs and events, we are poised to take advantage of the imminent economic turnaround. Consistent with our mission “…to build a strong local economy and quality of life by promoting economic, civic, and social development through informed and involved members from the seven communities the Chamber serves”, our members are as dedicated to their communities as they are to their businesses.